Monday, September 22, 2014

Social Media



Social Media impacts my life greatly because I use social media as an opportunity to market my brothers. I use Instagram to post game day pictures and events in which my brothers have been invited. For example, my youngest brother was invited to the Baltimore Ravens Camp. He made this catch against two defenders (picture below) and he was playing in an older division. I also post pictures on Facebook using the #TeamDiggs. Presumably, my brothers and I don’t roam the same circles, so I use social media to market them to a new set of people. I figure I have done my job if I let one new person know about the Diggs brothers.

I don’t just use social media for personal use. My last internship was with Wootton High School Varsity Football. I used Instagram to post the game times with a picture that highlights the players. It was a great opportunity to work with such talented athletes and to showcase them each week. We were able to take an unknown school and make it a well-known school in Montgomery County. Last year, the head coach and Trevon Diggs were featured on the news. Social media is a powerful tool when trying to build recognition quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment